It’s that time of year again – the moment you realize Valentine’s Day is two weeks away and you have no idea what you’re getting for your better half (or even just your BFF, hello #GalentinesDay!) to celebrate the love you share. Worry no more, the Seattle Wine and Food Experience has your back! This delicious annual event brings together the best food and wine of the Pacific Northwest and will allow you to taste every part of the region without the hassle and stress of a road trip.
After attending the event last year, I became infatuated with Los Hernandez Authentic Tamales based in Union Gap, Washington. So much so that I actually found myself in Union Gap (about 20 minutes outside of Yakima) to pick up a batch of the seasonal (and highly sought-after) asparagus tamales and it was absolutely worth it. Read more from my experience at last year’s SWFE here.
The best part of the Seattle Wine and Food Experience? It’s actually affordable! With three events to choose from, you can customize your experiences to be as budget-friendly or extravagant as you want. Let’s be real – student loans won’t pay themselves but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t treat yo’ self! Individual events range from $55 to $90 and a weekend pass option for $220 is the best deal if you’re looking to have a staycation packed with food and wine. Learn more about the events, locations and how to purchase tickets below!
POP! Bubbles & Seafood: Friday, February 24, 2016 at McCaw Hall
- Champagne, Sparkling Wine, Cava, Cremant and more than 40 kinds of bubbles to sample
- World-class seafood, including oyster bars, from 20 of Seattle’s best chefs
- Saber-Off Competition featuring local celebrities and incredible tunes by DJ Dubreezy
- The Callebaut Belgium Chocolate Lounge featuring bites from Seattle’s top pastry chefs
- Dozens of Reserve Red wines from top wineries
Comfort: Seattle’s Best Feel-Good Foods and Crafty Brews: Saturday, February 25, 2016 at Fremont Foundry
- Comfort is the newest and coziest addition to the Experience
- Mac & cheese, burgers, doughnut wall, fried chicken and many more comfort foods
- More than 50 craft beers, ciders, bubbly and more to quench your thirst between tasty bites
- Do-it-Yourself Bars: Hot Toddy, Bloody Mary, s’mores, fry potato bar and more
- Rock out with your friends to tunes by DJ Branden Landon and take photos in the Shutterbus
The Grand Tasting – Sunday, February 26, 2016 at McCaw Exhibition Hall
- More than 500 wines, plus tastes from distilleries, beer and cider, Oh My!
- Fare from 25 local chefs and 25 specialty food makers
- Explore the Celebrity Modern Luxury Lounge for a chance to win a cruise!
- Yakima Valley Craft Food and Beverage Exhibit
- The Savor Experience from San Luis Obispo County
- The Sweet Suite–Indulge to your hearts content
- The “Pearls” of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates with wines from Canon 13, Intrinsic, Mamma Mia and more
- Taste from Nicky Farms exotic meats, Heritage Meats Butchery Block and Sustainable Alaska Seafood
- Buy your favorite wine, beer, cider and spirits from the QFC product store benefitting Les Dames d’Escoffier
Jasmine Goodwin is a blogger at Seattle Socialites and can be reached at email@example.com. She enjoys seafood, wine and taking selfies with her dog.